Monday, 23 November 2009

Update - 23/11/09



It's Monday, 7:16pm as I begin to write this. Today hasn't been the longest of days but it has been a work filled one regardless. As I mentioned on Friday, I was going to sit down on Sunday through Tuesday and just get my coursework done. I kind of... didn't, on Sunday, but it shouldn't cause any issues with my work flow as I only have two left.

Today I did about 6 or 7 pages for my Digital Graphics in Media Industries poster work. I had to talk about the whole process that I went through when making my poster, including pre-production techniques. I don't want to go through the whole subject I wrote about because it would be just like doing it all over again. It was quite boring to tell truth but it wasn't hard, and anythings a bit less droll when you're playing Eminem and a bag of cookies. Some things you just can't do at college.

I did play a few games today, I finished with my first piece of coursework at about 2pm ish and then started on my second piece until around 4pm. I decided to reward myself by playing a few things.

I played Serious Sam on the PC, trying to beat the part of Karnak when you first get swarmed by harpies, really is difficult on the hardest difficulty, ironic huh.
I also played League of Legends, an awesome game that I managed to get in on the BETA sign up before it started. If you've ever played DOTA, you would absolutely love LoL.

The game is by the makers of DOTA actually, and the concept is practically the same. I hope this section of the blog clears up why I put the logo at the start of it.

If you want to play with me, add me on LoL @ Internalrage.
Now writing that @ sign reminded me of Twitter, and EnvisionGaming.net - the site isn't up yet, but you should still follow the Twitter @ EnvisionGaming and subscribe to the YouTube channel @ youtube.com/EnvisionGamingNet.

If you actually care enough to remember about my map I'm making in Hammer, then you'll be glad to know I've done... well nothing on it since I last left you lot. But I'm feeling creative again, so when I go upstairs (I'm downstairs on my Mum's laptop as she unconvincingly tries to stay awake next to me) I'll either work on the map or play LoL or TOMI.

Not really sure what else to talk about now without rambling on about useless nonsense, but then again I guess all of this is useless nonsense until I apply for a job.

OH! That reminds me, I did some more looking at Vigil Game's Darksiders today, not sure if I mentioned before how incredibly immense and groundbreaking it looks, but it really does. The story is quite incredible and the whole basis of the idea is sweet, plus Joe Mad is the creative director on it so it doesn't really get much better.

Why did I think of Darksiders when I thought of applying for a job? Well a couple of reasons, one is that I would absolutely love to work on Darksiders as it is my kind of game through and through, right to the very bone. Secondly is because I went on Vigil's website and they actually have some positions open for working on Darksiders, and their Warhammer 40k MMO (more, actually.)

I want to refer back to college shortly but before I do I want to say congratulations and thank you, for getting this far in a complete nobodies blog post. Good job, you!

This coming Wednesday there is a parents evening at my college, I'm looking forward to seeing what my teachers think of my progress. On top of that I'm awaiting my personal report, should have been here a few days ago but it should definitely be here tomorrow.

Time to part with you anyway, ta-ta.




No comments:

Post a Comment